Back in June, my sister gave me a knitting kit for my birthday. It was for a teapot sweater and came with a pair of beautiful beaded knitting needles and some Dartmoor National Park sheep wool. Well last week I finally got round to casting on.
The pattern had lots of ribbing and mock cables – easy to go wrong with my 10 month old daughter crawling around – and oh boy, did I go wrong! For the first time in my life I ended up pulling out a needle and ripping back (10 whole rows). I was terrified but also couldn’t continue once I had spotted 3 huge mistakes. Amazingly though I managed to sort it out without having to completely start from scratch. Although I think this was more luck than skill. Once I had sorted that out and focused more on what I was knitting, the rest grew quite quickly. And now my teapot has a jumper!!
My next project is a wrap cardigan for my daughter. I bought the pattern, yarn and ribbon last weekend and I am desperate to start it. Perhaps I’ll start tonight with a cup of tea from my newly dressed teapot!